Our centerless grinding services provide our customers with finished precision ground parts.
Our precision centerless grinding department has both thru-feed and infeed grinders. Both grinding processes are capable of holding high accuracy diametrical tolerances.
If your part diameters require close tolerances and smooth finishes, contact our customer service team and see if you can benefit from our grinding service.
High precision centerless bar grinding and polishing for metal rods and bars longer than 12″ and from .062″ to 6″ in diameter.
Infeed grinding allows Wisconsin Metal Tech to grind complex metal parts requiring multiple diameters and profiles to be ground in one run.
Thru-feed grinding from Wisconsin Metal Tech is cost effective and offers the shortest lead times while maintaining consistently high quality.
Solutions to the most difficult of centerless grinding challenges.
Wisconsin Metal Tech’s ongoing investment in the equipment we use, combined with an outside-of-the-box approach to how we use that equipment, allows us to provide answers for the most difficult centerless grinding challenges. Where others see difficulty – we see a solution.
Centerless Grinding Services
When it comes to stainless steel machining, experience matters. Our Wisconsin machine shop has a team of engineers and machinist with over 100 combined years of metal working experience and CNC machining know-how. They continuously bring new ideas to machining processes —not many other companies can say the same.
We’re based in Richfield, Wisconsin and our professional machine shop is available for many types of CNC machining and other metal processing services. We also serve the greater Chicago area.
- Carbide Rods
- Compressor Shafts
- Copy Rollers
- Gear Shafts and Hubs
- Injector Needles
- Injector Plungers and Bodies
- Motor Shafts
- Piston Pins
- Small Crankshafts
- Valve Lifters
- Valve Stems
Customers will experience numerous benefits from selecting Wisconsin Metal Tech as their supply partner, such as:
- Little Work Deflection: Centerless grinding imposes no axial thrust on the part being machined, making it possible to grind long pieces of brittle material as well as distorted parts.
- Ease of Automation: Workpieces are easier to automate leaving little downtime and providing consistent accuracy.
- Lower Cycle Times: Loading parts is fast, simple, and hassle free as they can be fed to the grinding machine automatically.
- Finishes: Our service provides smoother surface finishes, and excellent roundness and straightness for machined parts
- Less Stock Needed: The error of centering is eliminated resulting in less stock needed and an extended wheel life and yield.
WMT machines a wide variety of materials, including:
- Cast materials
- Tool steels
- Alloy Steels
Our centerless grinding technicians take the time needed to produce quality parts with finishes that satisfy our customer needs. These finishes include:
- As milled
- Honed surfaces